cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EBAB03EA: Internal Application Error: Memory Access

Petter_Fossum
Level 4
Partner

I've seen a forum thread earlier that looks like it was resolved by different workarounds. I would however find out if it possible to make the product work as intended.

I've checked the drives on the backed up server for bad sectors and heavy defragmentation.

This is an extract from the Symantec log:
10.09.2010 13:26:13 High Priority Error: Error EC8F1F48: The 'Vmware VMDK' conversion process could not be completed.
 Error EC8F1F45: Cannot convert image file.
 Error EBAB03EA: Internal Application Error: Memory Access Violation c0000005: Application tried to write memory at 00000014. 0xEBAB03EA (Backup Exec System Recovery)

The backed up physical server is a Windows 2003 R2 x32 bit server. The ESXi host is 4.1.

Regards
Petter Fossum

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

Petter,

So I assume that you are attempting to do a physical to virtual conversion directly into ESX?

If so, unfortunately you are running a version of ESX which isn't supported yet with BESR 2010. Please refer to the SCL for more information:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_Server_Edition/336534.pdf

Petter_Fossum
Level 4
Partner
It makes little sense that Symantec doesn't support 4.1, it's not that new. Can you tell when it will be supported?

criley
Employee Accredited

At this point, I don't have that information. I'll see if I can find out for you.