cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EBAB03F1: The specified network name is no longer available.

Paul_Smith_au
Level 3
I get this error mid image, the NAS box i have is online 24/7. Anyone elese seen this or have any ideas on hjow i can resolve it?

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\). Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file. Error EBAB03F1: The specified network name is no longer available. Error E7D10046: Unable to set file size. Error EBAB03F1: The specified network name is no longer available.
Details: 0xEBAB0005
Source: Backup Exec System Recov
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
There may be additional information about this error message on our knowledge base.  You may want to check there.

In addition, have you tried any of the following:

- Adjusting the permissions on the NAS share to give everyone read/write permissions
- Use network throttling to limit the amount of data we write over the wire
- Use performance throttling to limit CPU and disk I/O
- Experiment with different levels of compression

Does an image of the same volume capture successfuly if it's stored to a local drive or different network location?

At what point during the process does the error occur?

Thanks.

jan1
Level 2
Similar type of error, I am running BESR 8.5.5 - now have this error on 2x client sites, each site has a 1TB external USB drive with a shared folder for each backup job (full access given to everyone)... On 8.5.0 I was able to backup, now upgraded to 8.5.3, then 8.5.5 and have the same errors. Servers are all Windows 2003 file servers /backups done locally seem to be fine, except when trying to backup across the network.. The servers are on a 1GB switch, and each have 1GB NIC's, at loss as what to do now, below is a dump from my event viewer... 

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Backup Exec System Recovery
Event Category: High Priority 
Event ID: 100
Date: 11/9/2009
Time: 8:23:09 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CJPCHEMTS
Description:
Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of Windows (C:\). Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file. Error EBAB03F1: The specified network name is no longer available. Error E7D10046: Unable to set file size. Error EBAB03F1: The specified network name is no longer available.
Details: 
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

HAMZAOUI_Omar
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

I'va been the same problem, and i do this.

You must select destination like his:

\\<IP ADRESS>\Share, do not use DNS Name.

Thanks