Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EC8F17D8; Error EBAB03F1 on Symantec System Recovery 2013

c00129609
Level 2
Partner

Hello guys

I am running symantec system recovery 2013 on my Windows server 2008 R2 Standard and I have come across the following errors while backing up to my Network Storage Device.

Appreciate if someone could help solve this issue.

Error EC8F17D8: Cannot complete consolidation of incremental recovery points. (on my C:\ Drive - OS)

Error EC8F17D9: Cannot complete consolidation of incremental recovery points. (on my D:\ Drive - DATA PARTITION)

Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'The parameter is incorrect.' (UMI.V-281-3215-6105)
Details: The parameter is incorrect.

5 REPLIES 5

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello ,

Please refer :  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70025

You can also update SSR 2013 to SP1.

Now if you are swapping the drives , the incremendats will not consolidate until those are deleted from the option "Manage backup destination". Please refer the article and delete the older recovery points for the new ones to get created.

c00129609
Level 2
Partner

Hi TRaj,

Thanks for the reply but like I have mentioned before , I am not backing my files up to a local NTFS Drive., instead its being backed up to a Network Storage Device.

I also have updated mine to the service pack 2 already which is version 11.0.2.49853.

Please give me an alternate option to solve this problem, thank you.

c00129609
Level 2
Partner

Hey guys

Still no luck with any of the solutions provided on this page - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70025

I have made sure that:

1. My backup destination is not full.

2. It is already set to automatically optimize storage.

3. large threshold of disk space. (no problems there)

4. Updated SSR to the latest version that is 11.0.2.49853.(service pack 2)

I have tried nearly everything available here so far and no luck at all.

Only thing I havent done is shutdown and restart the windows server 2008R2 but I dont know if that will fix the problem.

If someone could advise on this, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Yes give the reboot a try, this worked for us.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you rebooted yet?