Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error ED800012 - during restore anyware process

rt_82
Level 2
Partner

Hello,

I use Symantec Backup Exec 8.5 Desktop Edition to backup my FSC Notebook making a full backup image ones a week.

Unfortunately my FSC Notebook break down couple days ago, so I try to use the BESR 8.5 Recovery CD/DVD to restore my Windows XP to a different Acer Notebook using the restore anyware option. 

During the restore process at round about 40% I received the following error message:

ED800012 - The internal structure of the image file (CRC check) is invalid

and the restore process failed.

I repeated it twice and the error message still occur. I have only one partition C:\ to recover.

I looking for the error message and find only this article from Norton Ghost 12:

http://norton.lithium.com/norton/board/message?board.id=other&thread.id=4299

But it doesn't solved my problem.

So I need your help. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Rudi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_L_
Level 5
Employee

You will need to verify the image itself is not corrupt. If you have a install of BESR within windows please use the recovery point browser to mount this image and verify the intergrity.

When taking a backup make sure to use the verify recovery point options to prevent this error in the future. 

If the image has no issue with the verification process, please run a chkdsk and a defrag on the windows xp machine, take another backup and then attempt to restore that image.

Message Edited by Joseph L. on 02-04-2009 08:30 AM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_L_
Level 5
Employee

You will need to verify the image itself is not corrupt. If you have a install of BESR within windows please use the recovery point browser to mount this image and verify the intergrity.

When taking a backup make sure to use the verify recovery point options to prevent this error in the future. 

If the image has no issue with the verification process, please run a chkdsk and a defrag on the windows xp machine, take another backup and then attempt to restore that image.

Message Edited by Joseph L. on 02-04-2009 08:30 AM

rt_82
Level 2
Partner

Hello Joseph,

thank you for the solution. It works now.

I did another image backup of the disk and compare ist with the previous one. Indeed it was different.

With the new image backup I was able to restore my Windows XP to a dissimilar hardware.

Thank you again and regards,

Rudi