cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Performing Backup

Jim_Jacobsen
Level 3
I have had some problems performing backups. 
#1.
I have 3 computers assigned to a group and all assigned to the same backup job.  I have unassigned and temporarily reassigned a computer and the below message is what I get.

"Cannot create recovery points for job: Temporary. Cannot create the recovery point. Unable to establish a network connection to \\npp-images\besr$. The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials."
I have not set up these computers any different than any of the others.  The original setup shows an error message of:
"An error occurred while starting Backup Exec System Recovery service. The following component is not installed correctly: true."

#2.
My own computer which backed up fine on 7/6 (manually) was scheduled for backup tonight and errored out with the below message:
"Cannot create recovery points for job: S-MIS-JJ - Drive Backup of  (C:\),  (E:\). Unable to write to file. The specified network name is no longer available. Unable to set file size. The specified network name is no longer available."

I came in and ran it manually from BESRM and it launched fine.  Obviously I was logged off the computer the first time, but otherwise there was no difference and I had not rebooted.

Why are we having all of these errors if 7.0 is supposed to be better than 6.02?  I never upgraded to 6.5 since 6.02 basically worked.  I feel like the perpetual beta testing guinea pig...
Jim
0 REPLIES 0