cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors EC8F17B7 & EBAB03F9

EVERSYS
Level 3
Partner

We have a SBS 2011 Server with SSR 2013 installed. We did a P2V conversion to a VMware ESXi 5.1 host using SSR 2013 - worked just fine. Now our SBS 2013 is virtualised, however, SSR 2013 no longer works. 2 hidden partitions & 3 normal windows partitions.

When we try a normal backup, it fails within seconds with an error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points. Along with Error EBAB03F9: A check that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. 'PRECONDITION failed, LocalProgress::LocalProgress: LocalProgrress.cpp(56): estimate.mUnits >=0.'. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

We then tried a backup with the "ignore CRC errors" checked, this ran until about 94% and then frooze with an error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points. Along with 'Error E0BB00B5: Snapshot error Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'OS error 2147754760.'. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)'.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks, Oliver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

Here is the link to that article:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125517

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

Do you have SSR 2013 with SP1? Help/About should show version as 11.0.x

Have you tried any of the following yet?

1. Independent backup (full only)
  2. Backup one volume at a time (this may allow us to pinpoint the issue with one specific volume)

EVERSYS
Level 3
Partner

Hi Chris,

Yes, the latest updates have been installed (version 11.0.1.47662).

1. An independent backup also failed.

2. I tried backing up one at a time... I could not backup one of the hidden volumes because it did not appear in the selection under independent backup. However, the other hidden volume worked just fine, along with volume D (is currently backing up). The problem volume is C... here, after a few mins it breaks up with the above errors mentioned. I used the VSS option as Exchange is installed.

Any idea what I can do?

EVERSYS
Level 3
Partner

During my research I came across this call. The solution is technical article 125517 - which I can find? Any ideas?

EVERSYS
Level 3
Partner

FYI, all partitions apart from C work just fine.

criley
Employee Accredited

Here is the link to that article:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125517

EVERSYS
Level 3
Partner

Thanks Chris. We did a defrag of C last night and then ran a complete backup - everything worked just fine. Many thanks for your help.