cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Information File and SSR 2011 GRO (build 10.0.1.41704)

Niles_Foster
Level 3

It appears that Symantec has broken what was supposedly fix in SSR 2010. I have tried opening with the File and Folders and then tabbing over to Exchange Mail. I have also tried from several other computers all with Outlook 2010 installed. All the above test also included having the Recovery Point both in their original location (UNC path) and on the local hard drive.

What is interesting is that when opening the sv2i file with the File and Folders option it loads, server name appears at the top of the tree, "C" drive appears below. But when I click on the "+" to expand I get "Unable to mount any of the requested recovery points" with following in the text in box

(i) Make sure you are running the same version of SSR this computer and the Exchange server

(ii) Download and apply any service packs for SSR and this program

(iii) Try mounting a different recovery point

Also why does SSR 2011 mount the Recovery Points as drives? This a real pain as my Antivirus goes nuts with these mounted drives and what if you have used all the drive letters usable? Now that would be interesting. Come on Symantec, you can do better than this.

System Overview:

Server 2008R2/SP1 Hyper-V Host (SSR 2011 Agent installed)

Server 2008R2/SP1 Hyper-V Guest with Exchange 2010 (build 14.1.218.15)  (SSR 2011 Agent installed)

Niles

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

This should have been fixed in SP1: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157862

Does it help if you open the recovery point in GRO using the 'Use alternate system index (.sv2i) file' option?

Can you mount the recovery points within windows explorer on this machine? Just do right-click on recovery point and choose to mount. If that fails, there is probably some sort of install-related problem here.