cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to you get BESR 2010 to Push and successfully to a Backup of SUSE Linux Systems?

royceracer
Level 3
How to you get BESR 2010 to Push and successfully to a Backup of SUSE Linux Systems? I have had NO luck with the existing documentation on this subject. I have been successful with Windows-based OS systems, but SUSE OS-based systems are not working for us yet! I am able to push the Agent to the systems, but do not know how to be assured that the Agent is working properly or if there are any command lines are GUIs to help with this. Anyone have any ideas? I have had NO HELP from Symantec support (waiting on the line for 8 hrs on Tues/Thus), only to be escalated and told someone would call me back. Argh! RLR:-)
5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited
To check that BESRL is installed, use the following command:

rpm -qa | grep -i besr

To check the task status, cd into /opt/altiris/notification/ctagent/bin and use:

./aex-cta list

Let us know what those return, If you dont see any errors, you are probably good to go (create and assign backup task to Linux client).

royceracer
Level 3

No response from the first command.

and "No such directory" on the second command.

Symantec has asked me to run the following command:

ps -ef|grep aex-pluginmanag

criley
Employee Accredited

Sounds as though you do not have the agent, plug-in or BESR installed then.

royceracer
Level 3

I agree; I do not apparently have the BESR installed.  I can't figure this out and there is not enough clear  documentation for me to do this on my own.

I've spent a total of 10 hrs on hold with Symantec support.  Still no help, they escalated the incident.... I'm still waiting on the call from Symantec.  They told me they would call me on Monday between 10am and 2pm.  No phone call. 

RLR:-)

criley
Employee Accredited
Have you checked the admin guide? ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_Server_Edition/336319.pdf

Start with page 44.