cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SSR 2013 failed with: "Failed to get BIS64BIT"

msauerHP
Level 2

Hi,

i try to install SSR 2013 on a windows 200364bit SP2 system. But before the install is finish i get the error message "Failed to get BIS64BIT" nad the installation rollback.

on 3 other systems the installation with the same OS was succesfull.

I need a solution shortly, because we have to backup this system.

thanks in advanced

3 REPLIES 3

msauerHP
Level 2

see: SSR Error.PNG

Mahesh_Nayak
Level 4
Employee Certified

anything in particular reporte din event viewer for application logs ( Error messages ) 

msauerHP
Level 2

I found this Informational Event ID 271 in the system event log every time I tried to install SSR:

The Plug and Play operation cannot be completed because a device driver is preventing the device from stopping. The name of the device driver is listed as the vetoing service name below.

Vetoed device: STORAGE\VOLUME\1&30A96598&0&SIGNATURE75ED23E6OFFSET7E00LENGTH577FB5F400

Vetoing device: STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature75ED23E6Offset7E00Length577FB5F400

Vetoing service name: FileSystem\Ntfs

Veto type 6: PNP_VetoDevice

When Windows attempts to install, upgrade, remove, or reconfigure a device, it queries the driver responsible for that device to confirm that the operation can be performed. If any of these drivers denies permission (query-removal veto), then the computer must be restarted in order to complete the operation.

User Action

Restart your computer.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

And also in Application Event log:

EVENT 1013

Product: Symantec System Recovery 2013 -- ERROR: Failed to get BIS64BIT property in InstallDrivers Function.

EVENT 1023

Product: Symantec System Recovery 2013 - Update 'Symantec System Recovery 11.0 SP1 Patch' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file