cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing the management solution

Blinky
Level 4
I am/was about to install the BESR Management solution however on looking at the systems requirements in the readme file it says that 'Symantec installation manager and Symantec Management platform' both need to be installed.  Where/how do I install these components?
15 REPLIES 15

criley
Employee Accredited
Please refer to the admin guide for a step-by-step process of installing BESR-MS.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_Server_Edition/336319.pdf

Please mark this thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question.

Blinky
Level 4
So do I need to only install the Management Solution or do I still need BESR Manager as well?

criley
Employee Accredited
BESR-MS is the replacement for BESRM which is now end-of-life.

Blinky
Level 4
Chris,

This link does not appear to work anymore. When I click the link to download the PDf I get this message in the browser:
This system is for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using this computer system without authority, or in excess of their authority, are subject to having all of their activities on this system monitored and recorded by system personnel. In the course of monitoring individuals improperly using this system, or in the course of system maintenance, the activities of authorized users may also be monitored. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, system personnel may provide the evidence of such monitoring to law enforcement officials.

criley
Employee Accredited
Blinky:

That link seems to be working now.

CFSNMFG
Level 3
This brings up a fine question - where does one actually download the new management solution?  The notification was less than direct. 

CFSNMFG
Level 3
Where can one dowload the Management solution (2010)? (Yes I'm licensed) The notification was less than clear.

criley
Employee Accredited
You can download BESR-MS 2010 here:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=88724

CFSNMFG
Level 3
Thanks Chris...but...that link allows me to eventually make it to FileConnect...but entering my S/N results in me being able to download v8.5...unless I'm really missing something.

criley
Employee Accredited
I just double checked the link and it should take you to our trialware site where you can download BESR 2010 and BESR-MS 2010. You will have to register before you can download.

CFSNMFG
Level 3
Sorry for the noobishness...but...I'm still under maintenance - can the trialware be converted to the real-deal once downloaded then?

criley
Employee Accredited
FYI

BESR-MS is FREE - no license is required. You obviously still need licenses for your clients though.

ProductPro
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi folks,

Please refer to these helpful technical articles on how to go through the Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution install, pushing the agent, pushing the plug-in and installing BESR2010 on the client. The other article mentions how to create your own Organizational Views and Organizational Groups which makes applying policies and license keys very simple.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/351339

http://support.veritas.com/docs/350798

Enjoy.
Thanks!

Prakash_M
Level 2

Will it be possible to install BESR Server 2010  on Windows 2000 Advanced Server  SP4

Symanticus
Level 6

thanks for the suggestion man,

so by installing the BESR 2010 MS/console we can then push install the BESR agent only to completely backup the whole system into the BESR MS server ?