cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of memory error in 8.0.2??

dizza
Level 3

We have been getting this error for the last two weeks on our server when backing up the other servers. We've restarted the server as part of a weekly maintananence policy. We are currently running BESR 8.0.2, with no available updates available to us. The server has 2 GB of ram on it, and performance logs show that there was atleast 1.2 GB's of ram available at the time of the backups.

Any suggestions?

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\), DATA (D:\). Error EBAB00CC: Application unable to continue due to lack of memory.
Details: 0xEBAB00CC
Source: Backup Exec System Rec

3 REPLIES 3

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
If you have a chance on this server, run a CHKDSK on the server without switches, does it report any errors? If it does during its next maintenance cycle boot into the recovery environment and use the Analyze | Check disk for errors option with find and correct options checked. In the mean time, see if you get this error - during its historical period of occurrence - if you backed this single system to a share on a different system then what is currently using. Instead of simply modifying the existing job, manually delete the job and its corresponding history files (i.e. contents of the ‘Schedule’ and ‘History’ folder while the BESR service is stopped located in the documents and settings directory for BESR) and start off from scratch; if you wish to return to the desired share location without recreating your current schedule simply run the SEAST utility (with default values) prior to making any changes, save the *.CAB file it creates, and later swap the contents of the Schedule and History folder for the content found in corresponding folders for the ones in the *.CAB file. Does the backups succeed to the new location and/or after running the CHKDSK /R command when in the recovery environment?

Rob_Vollum
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I am having the same crash in BESR 8.0.2, but it happens when I am restoring a drive, not backing it up. I have a 65GB drive backup recover point of my drive E:\, and I'm restoring that onto a new disk, into a partition that is 75GB. I am running all this from a bootable SRD. I have turned off all verification (no verifying the image before, no checking the filesystem after). I have 4GB RAM in my machine. The recovery point is on a locally-attached USB drive

It makes it all the way to the end of the restore, and there are some messages that I see being written to the bottom of the restore dialog. I see something like "Scanning symbolic kernel links" and then I crash with "Error EBAB00CC: Application unable to continue due to lack of memory".

I would love to solve this: I am trying to build a new laptop disk out of drive backups/recovery-points of my old laptop disk. The old one is starting to fail...

Thanks,

Rob

Steve_Meek
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have this issue. Restoring a 220 GB partition to new HP server hardware.  New system has 4GB of RAM.  Booted off of SRD 8.02 to do restore and using an eSATA controller to a HighRely drive.

Failed on two attempts and can't find any docs.  I am not doing verify or restart as part of restore.  Why does the software fail with these kinds of errors with no support docs or suggestions?

Any help appreciated.

S