cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveState/BESR desktop with whole disk encryption

Foster_Glascock
Level 2
We recently deployed Utimaco Safeguard Easy whole disk encryption across the enterprise. Now I'm getting the following error from my LSR Desktop 3.0.1 workstations:

Description: Cannot create images for backup job: Backup of C:\. Error E0BB005B: Unable to write sector 6291456. Error EA390002: This operation is illegal.
Details: 0xE0BB005B
Source: LiveState Recovery

Is the newest version compatible with the Utimaco product? (If so I'll upgrade.)

Big Airplane Company Admin
2 REPLIES 2

Foster_Glascock
Level 2
Further info- I downloaded BESystemRecovery65AllWinEnglishEval.zip and installed it. While it does seem capable of creating a base backup, all the triggered increments are new baselines.

Also, ConsoleMain.exe hangs when I attempt to delete the job. I must go to TaskMgr to kill it.

One increment gave popped the following error:
Notification Type: Error
Priority: High
Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Recovery point of C:\.
Details: 0xE7D1001F

Are these problems related to my disk encryption software?

Thanks!

Big Airplane Company Admin

Foster_Glascock
Level 2
Further info- I uninstalled the disk encryption software and BESR immediately started creating incrementals correctly.

I take this to mean the two programs are not compatible. BESR will do fulls but not increments.

The encryption software is required on every workstation by our security department, so I have to start looking for another backup solution.

I'm really disappointed since I've been using it since PQ Drive Image 2002. Its been a great product line. So long.