cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liveupdate doesn't find BESR 2010 installed

Sysadmins_ITW
Level 4

Hi Guys,

the subject describes my own problem. Live update installed togheter with BESR 2010 doesn't recognize other Symantec software than itself.

The only "non standard" thing is that Liveupdate is installed on drive C and BESR 2010 is installed on drive F:.

Any ideas?

Thank you all!

L.

16 REPLIES 16

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

This issue also comes up with me. Go to https://fileconnect.symantec.com, prepare your serial number, then download the desired version form there. 

Sysadmins_ITW
Level 4

Already done. LiveUpdate results to be already installed.

Update launched, same result. Nothing.

L.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Which update do you want to apply using LiveUpdate ?

Sysadmins_ITW
Level 4

It's available the SP of BESR 2010.

I have installed BESR 2010 on a Windows 7 PC (to have the BESR console), after the installation the setup program launched the LiveUpdate and the SP 2 of BESR was automatically installed.

I have 4 servers where LiveUpdate dosn't see BESR2010 installed, so it can update only itself.

As you can see in the screenshot attached, first line of LiveUpdate's form, LiveUpdate is the only Symantec' software installed, but, obviusly, it's not true.

L.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, I'd file a case with Symantec to get to the bottom of things.

Sysadmins_ITW
Level 4

I tryed many times to open a case to the support, always WITHOUT any kind of response. The forum was the last chance.

My lawyer is writing a letter to the distributor to have money back. In my opinion BESR has too many bugs to be saled on the market.

This product is scandalous! As the support is!

Thank you for your time!

L.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please refer to this technote. Follow the steps as per the technote to resolve this issue.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH60160 : When running LiveUpdate to install updates for Backup Exec System Recovery, Backup Exec System Recovery is not listed in the products to update.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Sysadmins_ITW
Level 4

It was done, now i see BESR in the liveupdate but liveupdate doesn't update it, as you can see (screeshot attached).

My registration string was :

LUReg.exe -REG -PDD "Backup Exec System Recovery" -PDN "Backup Exec System Recovery" -PDV "9.0.0.35656" -PDL "ITALIAN" -PDM "{61731099-3501-40B3-BF96-757371640001}"

Build is 9.0.0.35656, there is SP1 and SP2 for BESR but noting.

Liveupdate doesn't update. L

Linas
Level 6

I with you man BESR is junkI want my money back also after 2 years struggling with the product I managed to get 9 out of 450 on this solution and I am lucky they get backed up

MySupport site can not create cases have to call and wait on hold for hours if I get to the correct queue I wait and when I get support they struggle with simple tasks lousy support

Now it seam’s they can’t figure out what package you need to purchase to get BESR

I spent all day working with support and they claim I need Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise Edition 3.0 Server edition and its description does not mention besr2010 management solution only Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise Edition 3.0 does?

They are telling me I don’t have it when I spent 2 year with support installing trouble shooting configuring

I have all my licenses and put them in the Management Solution all clients licensed

I am not here to beta test and to train Symantec support personal

I need a solution that work’s!

Linas
Level 6

I can’t believe you spend $10000 dollars on a solution and you have to hack an install to get some thing as trivial as live update to work

This is a huge problem if you can’t patch a system agents security problems

So now I have a full time job running around to 450 clients hacking an install driving all over the county

Thanks Symantec

Job security is nice but not like this

Sysadmins_ITW
Level 4

Any news?

Any ideas?

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try to reboot the server ones now....

Thnaks,

-Sush...

carjung
Level 3

I had exactly the same problem running LiveUpdate with BESR 2010. I found out that the link to the Symantec Tec Note mentioned in a post above is wrong. It is for an older version of BESR.

Please take a look at http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128786

It worked in my case and I am glad to have a running version of LiveUpdate again.

Sysadmins_ITW
Level 4

It's fantastic because the Symantec Support trying to resolve a problem has created me another one.

How can I "de-register" the wrong registration made in Liveupdate due to an old support document seggested?

Now I have two diferent versions of BESR registrered. See attach.

Thank you all!

L.

Linas
Level 6

I know about this issue

I have seen this before you install update runs but will not update anything

This is on my list of things to resolved

But no time just trying to get the backup part to work  

Dushan_Gomez
Level 6

Ah great, then I'm not alone in here.

I thought that only me got it wrong install.