Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost setup, erratic

Astier
Level 3
Partner

Hello,

I'm using BESR 2010 desktop (LiveUpdated) and had setup my backup on a NetGear Pro 6000 NAS. It worked fine for weeks.

With no apparent reason BESR takes now very long to open : "Connexion and collecting info" lasts more than 15 minutes and as result :

• If i try "Execute or manage the backups", the backup list is empty and is leading me to redefine a new one,
  • In the advanced tab/History all my past restore points are marked with "?"
  • Managing the backup storage place shows of the NAS right folder
  • In the BESR option, it still appears as being the restore points destination, I can browse to it and apply, with no result.
  • Recovery point browser gives back an empty list. I can manually load any of the existing NAS recovery point.

I can browse the NAS content with no pain in Windows explorer. Nothing has been changed (accounts etc.) and there is plenty of free space.

I first met this issue 3 days ago, rebooting solved: my backup setup that had disappeared was found again.

Thanks in advance for any help, link or indication for troubleshooting,

Bien amicalement,

Jean-Jacques

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Well sometimes BESR behaves a little bit odd, also with me. I think its best to file a case with Symantec the next time the issue comes up.

Astier
Level 3
Partner

Thanks Markus,

I'll call tomorrow, I'll let you know.

Jean-Jacques

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any success ?

Astier
Level 3
Partner

No !

Have no support on this licence.

I went to configuration setup. Same backup target.

A new set began and is in use now.

Still have to wait for 10 to 15 minutes before reaching BESR windows 'Reading backup storage place' is very much long.

BESR is a good product, but buggy spots make it painfull. I met these before on others PC or Servers. Support answers made me thought sp2 would fix. Seems not :\

Jean-Jacques

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?