cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Install of Agent

Yaz08
Level 3
    Can anyone tell me how to manually install the remote agent? Or how to resolve this issue? When I deploy the agent I get this error:

-Cannot deploy the Agent to SERVER
--SERVER, Exception occurred: Attempt to copy RemoteCmdSvc.exe to remote machine failed.
The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete.
4 REPLIES 4

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Be sure to have the contents on the entire INSTALL sub-folder copied onto the client system in question (e.g. which can be obtained from the BESR802_AllWin_Multilingual_Prod.zip package found on fileconnect.) and use the following 'agent only' install script; this agent would then need to be administered from a remote BESR console (not management console unless the EasyInstaller for Management control has been installed after this script is use is applied)

…\INSTALL\SETUP.EXE /s /v" /qn AddLocal= Shared,Agent, LiveUpdate,Gear,BESRSecurityShortCut /l*v C:\BESRinstall.log"

Shared = command program libraries used by the various components (required for all installs)

Agent = component responsible for the creation of recovery point images on a client system.

LiveUpdate = component that either installs or integrates with Symantec LiveUpdate to allow future updates to the product to occur locally.

Gear = Component use to integrate CD/DVD devices as backup destinations or within the local console to create custom recovery disks.

BESRSecurityShortCut = Windows Shortcut that integrates BESR services security changes with DCOM.

dizza
Level 3

I copied exactly what you typed above for the install scripting... but all it does it pop up a InstallSheild window with the command line options and doesn't install.

I noticed there is a " after the /v and there are some spaces that look like they might not belong.

Can you write it out again exactly how it should go. I have a server that will not let me deploy it remotely and I need to manually install the agent again.

thanks!

Diego_Castilho
Not applicable
Partner

Dizza,

Try this,

setup.exe /s /v"/qn AddLocal=Shared,Agent,LiveUpdate,Gear,BESRSecurityShortCut /l*v C:\BESRInstall.log"

Message Edited by Diego Castilho on 10-05-2008 10:19 PM

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Sorry for the text formatting that may have caused the confusion.