cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from previous BESR manager version

Blinky
Level 4
We are currently evaluating BESR2010 and at the moment we have BESR8.5 with BESR Manager as well.  I read a document that stated when migrating from BESR Manager the management control option will be uninstalled and replaced with the plugin. It also says that backup jobs and destinations are not preserverd however this appears to not be 100% accurate.  When I pushed the Altiris client/agent/BESR2010 to a machine currently managed by BESR Manager it pulled the destination into the 2010 console but the bigger issue for me is that it did not pull the old jobs in but neither did it delete them from the local machine.  So.... I have a machine that has a local job on it and is now managed by 2010 Management Solution but this job is not visible here. The problem will be that when we come to migrate our 200 machines I dont want to have to manually go on to each machine and delete the old jobs.  Is this behavoir expected and is there any way to centrally remove any old jobs that remain locally on upgraded machines?
0 REPLIES 0