cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved Recovery Point (physical), BESR can't find recovery point

banan2
Level 4

Hello,

I moved a recovery point from the C:\ disk to E:\ and then I changed my network share to point to the new location.

I originally took backup to \\backupsrv\backup (which at that point was pointing to C:\backup). Then I moved the content in C:\backup, to E:\backup, and pointed \\backupsrv\backup to that new location.

Now BESR is reporting the recovery point as missing, even though it is still available at \\backupsrv\backup ..

How can I create a virtual HD of a recovery point that is not recognized in BESR?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

How exactly did you move the recovery points?

You need to move recovery points using BESR (via Tools/Manage Backup Destination) otherwise BESR will lose track of where they are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Are the backups accessible through the backup histroy tab when you right click on one of the "missing" points ?

criley
Employee Accredited

How exactly did you move the recovery points?

You need to move recovery points using BESR (via Tools/Manage Backup Destination) otherwise BESR will lose track of where they are.

banan2
Level 4

Markus: The moved backups are reported "missing" from every spect of BESR

Chris: I did not move it with BESR, I moved it with Explorer in Windows, which might explain why BESR can't find it. I just thought it was weird that it couldn't find it when the network path is still the same as before, and the files is still there. Anyway, thanks for answering my question smiley