cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know the way to revert back the system which has been restored from ghost image

Raj_Kumar_Arora
Not applicable

Hi,

Few days back, I was having my system running XP in good stage and so I backup up the image of sytem's C Drive on DVDs. My system was having D, E and F Drives apart from C drive which contains my data.

Now I was facing some non-recoverable issues in XP and so I just used my backup DVDs to restore my system. But unfortunately in the selection of destination I made a mistake.  I selected the disk instead of Partition (C Drive) and restored the system and what happened is that my all other partitions D, E and F also got deleted up. So after restoration, I got the whole system disk having only one partition C drive.

Can anybody please suggest me a way by which I can revert back this restoration from DVDs to previous state so that I can retrieve the important data contained in D, E and F drives.

Please help with your suggestions as the data in other partitions was very very urgent for me.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Raj Kumar Arora
Raj.K.Arora@saic.com

1 REPLY 1

digsaw
Level 4

I think you are going to have to revert to data recovery software and hope for the best. See if you can extract any of your lost data out. However, if they sectors have already been overwritten you might be out of luck.

I am also assuming you only made a backup of C: and have no backup of your D, E and F drives?