Highlighted

Hello, will SSR 2013 be

Hello, will SSR 2013 be compatible with Xenserver 6.1? According the the SSR 2011 SCL, the last version was only compatible/tested with XenServer 5.6.

Thanks

Highlighted

Jamie, Let me see if I can

Jamie,

Let me see if I can find out when we can expect support for XenServer 6.1 (and 6.0 for that matter). I'll get back to you...

Highlighted

Hi Chris, Any updates on SSR

Hi Chris,

Any updates on SSR 2013 Xenserver support?

Thanks

Highlighted

The Following XenServer

The Following XenServer version are supported with SSR 2013

XenServer 5.0        x86-x64
XenServer 5.5        x86-x64
XenServer 5.6 FP1 x86-x64
XenServer 6.0        x86-x64
XenServer 6.1        x86-x64
Highlighted

thank you Sandeep !

thank you Sandeep !

Highlighted

Can someone please tell me if

Can someone please tell me if SSR 2013 will include granular restore of Exchange 2010 Contacts and/or Calendars?

(SSR 2011 can only restore mailboxes)

And, what about an agent for SQL Server 2008?

Thanks

Highlighted

Being this was supposed to be

Being this was supposed to be released in early December and we're over half-way through... is there any more specific release date we can look forward to? Windows Server 2012 has now been out for a long time for Software Assurance customers but Symantec SSR customers can't upgrade to it currently.
Highlighted

Current release date is 7th

Current release date is 7th January.

Highlighted

Yes, it is. 

Yes, it is. 

Highlighted

Dear team Symantec System

Dear team Symantec System Recovery 2013 can support EFI partition?

Highlighted

Yes

Yes

Highlighted

HI, Now Symantec System

HI,

Now Symantec System Recovery 2013 are released now.

New Symantec System Recovery 2013 Out Now

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/new-symantec-system-recovery-2013-out-now

You can download the new version of Symantec System Recovery from Monday 7th Jan 2013 onwards by visiting: http://www.symantec.com/system-recovery-server-edition

Glad to see 64-bit recovery

Glad to see 64-bit recovery disc driver support and also the stand-alone monitoring (not tied to the Symantec Management Platform). Can you manage backup jobs using this new stand-alone console? In my opinion, tying SSR 2011 management to Symantec Management Platform was a mistake, it took a simple product and made it much more difficult to manage. The SMP console is a mess.

Highlighted

When does this get released

When does this get released for bundled users that are apart of Symantec Advanced Business Edition 4.0 Bundle?

Highlighted

I agree it is far less

I agree it is far less complicated that SSR MS, which is why we recommend if for customers running 100 machines or less. It's very light weight and currently only allows you to monitor BESR/SSR remotely. If you want to edit a job on another computer without using SSR MS, you can use the console built into SSR 2013 to remotely connect to the agent on another machine (with a network connection) to do what you are asking. There is also an option to open the SSR console from the SSR monitor where they are both installed onto. 
Highlighted

If it's currently in the

If it's currently in the software, it will be upgraded to SSR 2013 to accomdate Windows 8 and Server 2012. If you need further details, you may want to call Symantec sales for more specific information.

Highlighted

Using the monitor, you can

Using the monitor, you can connect to each remote machine and manage the backup jobs. However, you can only manage one job at a time, hence why this is designed for small (up to 100) environments.

I agree that the Management Solution is more complex but it's really designed for large (several hundred and above) environments.

Highlighted

Since Symantec System

Since Symantec System Recovery 2013 Management Solution is now installed via Symantec Installation Manager, please add the download of SIM to the FileConnect for System Recovery 2013. This would enable new customers to install the Management Solution quickly. Thanks!

Reference:

How to download/install the Symantec System Recovery Management Solution (SSR-MS) 2013.

Article:TECH201523  |  Created: 2013-01-10  |  Updated: 2013-01-10  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201523

Highlighted

Hello,   What about the

Hello,

What about the upgrade installation steps for 2011 to 2013

Highlighted

Hello

Hello Omar,

The upgrade of SSR 2011 to SSR 2013 is in place upgrade so you can run the installation SSR 2013 on the desired system. It will confirm the previous installation and upgrade it to SSR 2013(x86 or x64) with respect to the processor architecture and OS installed on the system.