cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SSR 2011 Push

CAWASAKI
Level 3

Hello,

I have symantec management console 7.1 and when i push symantec management agent to servers, it install management agent, ssr 2011 plugin and ssr 2011 agent. Are this normal?

after 30 minutes, i check my client servers, and SSR 2011 plugin and agent are removed automaticly, very very strange!

after that, i try t push plugin and ssr agent from symantec management console, but it not work.

the solution is to install them manually and it work.

I have 150 servers to migrate to SSR2011.(windows 2003, 2008 and 2008 r2 servers)

thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Sounds like that the uninstall policy is active ?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Sounds like that the uninstall policy is active ?

CAWASAKI
Level 3

Hi Markus,

Ok, i have uninstall policy active, i have incative them, i try now new push and will report the result.

but are is normal when i push management agent it push automaticly plugyn and ssr agent?

thanks

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Uh, good question but my gut feeling says yes as you want to deploy SSR through the MS and management can only be done when the altiris agent and the plug-in are also installed.

CAWASAKI
Level 3

ok, at this time it work great.

push management agent on windows 2003 install also plugin and ssr agent

push management agent on windows 2008 r2 install only management agent, but when i push ssr plugin it install ssr 2011 agent :).

I need to take this night to test if backup work and report tomorow.

other question, it possible to applicate immediattly polycy backup and licence policy with command ?

thanks

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you simply restart the altiris agent on the client machine the new policy will be applied immediatly if enabled on the MS.

CAWASAKI
Level 3

Hi Markus,

Its work very fine :) thanks for help

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

It was my pleasure to help you !