cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems restoring from SSR 2013 Image W7

WarmApplePie
Level 2

Hello,

"Back-in-the-day" I used Ghost and loved it. Very straight forward and reliable. With SSR 2013, however, I am following these instructions verbatim and I cannot get a successful image restore. The image is booting but will get stuck on "please wait while windows finishes setting up." I let it run over night and still the same splash screen. 

Please review the steps I have taken in the link provided and what I may possibly be doing wrong. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cyclingcpa
Level 4

Hi WAP,

See https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ssr-2013-desktop-backup-jobs-win7-pro-64-and-partition-restore-order

There is no final  solution here yet. I am still waiting for Chris to reply to comment  24 Jan 2014.

The TECH 129112 is not current and Chris was to review. See the above post.

Let us know what operating system and post a screen shot of "disk management."

I am new at this myself but at least it will give other forum members more info to help.

Bob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cyclingcpa
Level 4

Hi WAP,

See https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ssr-2013-desktop-backup-jobs-win7-pro-64-and-partition-restore-order

There is no final  solution here yet. I am still waiting for Chris to reply to comment  24 Jan 2014.

The TECH 129112 is not current and Chris was to review. See the above post.

Let us know what operating system and post a screen shot of "disk management."

I am new at this myself but at least it will give other forum members more info to help.

Bob

WarmApplePie
Level 2

Oddly enough, I read the posts from the responder in your post and was able to get it to work. Note this wasn't from a cold image but I only need this to image new computers. I just used the .sv2i and restored.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Great , so you can mark this post as a solution.

However , we are requesting you to mark the forums as Solution , so that is makes easier for the viewer to search and refer the posts with "Solutions"

However , since many posts are not marked as Solution , they may have a good advise , however  a person may ignore the post just because it is not marked solved.

Thanks