cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with installing drivers after using restore anywhere

StorkGLT
Level 2
Hi,

we are currently using the BESR 7.0 restore anywhere function to migrate some old workstations to new HP4400 workstations.
The restore anywhere functions works fine however it was needed to install some drivers manually.

And just this is the problem. Every driver or hardware installation is awfull slow on the new stations.
All other programs are running smooth and there are no other performance issues. Only the annoying very slow driver installations (I mean 15-20minutes for a video driver for example).

During these slow driver installations the stations are not busy. CPU load is less then 5%.Even after installing correct chipset drivers, video drivers and all other missed hardware the station remains slow for all new new hardware/driver actions.

Is this a known issue or am I missing something?
Please advice.

Message Edited by StorkGLT on 10-03-2007 03:33 AM
1 REPLY 1

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
Hello StorkGLT,

I would recommend restoring this image using the Restore AnyWare with Delete Existing Drivers (DED) option.  On the Restore AnyWare screen, hold the SHIFT Key when selecting Restore AnyWare.

This could be conflicts with drivers that are left in the image.  The DED option will remove more drivers.

Does a normal installation of software experience the same slowness?

Cheers,

Rich L