cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random error in saving backup to NFS directory with no security

Symanticus
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I've got BESR 2010 to backup my Windows Server and it works great so far until recently it give me this error:

Date: 11/8/2010 5:01:54 AM
Notification Type: Error
Priority: High
Description: 
Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of OS (C:\), DATABASE (D:\), Files (E:\), LOGS (L:\). 
Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point. Error E7D10041: Unable to establish a network connection to \\10.2.2.50\volume_2. 
Error EBAB03F1: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again. 
Error E7D10041: Unable to establish a network connection to %1.
Details: 0xE7D10041

The target drive is D-Link DNS-323 NFS drive which can be accessed using UNC path: \\10.2.2.50\volume_2 it has no password or security at all but how come it failed by itself ?

From the server and everywhere i can access that drive by using the UNC path like the above ?

any kind of help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Normally this means that from a given server there are two connections to the backup destination open e.g. one from a console session or a command using scheduled tasks AND BESR that is trying to save the backup. In case you have pre/post commands in place you could try and add net use /d /y to the pre command file.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Normally this means that from a given server there are two connections to the backup destination open e.g. one from a console session or a command using scheduled tasks AND BESR that is trying to save the backup. In case you have pre/post commands in place you could try and add net use /d /y to the pre command file.

Symanticus
Level 6

thanks for the reply Markus,

let me try that tonight and is that all, no need to put something in the post commands batch file ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

To make it waterproof, you could also add the net use * /d /y to the post command file.

Symanticus
Level 6

thank you Markus, you're very helpful here.

Symanticus
Level 6

But I always one of the mapped network drive in my Server mapped into another location, would this be deleting all of my mapped network drive ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Yes, this would delete ALL network drives. But when you replace * with the resp. driveletter you can fine tune which mapped drives get deleted.

Symanticus
Level 6

thanks for the reply Markus, cheers !