cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery to new hard drives

Yaz08
Level 3
I have a Dell Poweredge 750 server with raid with 2 18gb hard drives. I replaced the drives with 2 larger drives, configured the raid, but when I try and restore using BESR 7 I can get only as far as selecting my image, and the next step doesn't give me a choice where to install images too. I only get an error that says "Error EC950006: destination is not valid. EC950019: The current recovery data is invalid. Am I missing a step when reconfiguring the new drives or what, I don't know, so I'm looking for some help here. I sat on hold with Symantec Tech Support for over 1 and a half hours and finally gave up.
2 REPLIES 2

AJT
Level 6
Hello Yaz08,

You could try the follwing items to see if they help:

I would recommend rebuilding the RAID.  I have seen such issues where a problem occurred during the RAID setup of some kind.

Usually rebuilding the RAID would fix it. If it is a Mirror, you might try building the RAID after restoring the image.

Try creating a volume from diskpart, this will check the raid driver.

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Like what AJT stated, we have seen where you will have to create a partition on a mirror set before being able to successfully restore an image file to it on some systems; this is not always the case. consider too to use the BESR 8.5 SRD and the 2k8 drivers to see the newly built RAID and try your restore to unallocated space; this allows you to resize the drive at the time of restore.