Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBS2008 BESR2010 only full backups, no incrementals any more

nowayray
Level 3

Hello,

we have besr2010 running on sbs2008.

Two Topics:

1. After a fresh install BESR made me incremental backups, with weekly full backups of my system and data drive. Then I deleted the backup job and created a new one (the only one, incremental daily, weekly full) . But BESR only does full backups every day, no incrementals any more.

I tried to delete the job and make a new one, i deleted all backups, tried with and without VSS etc...nothing seems to impress BESR.

2. How can I clean my backup protocol in the BESR console? There are still entrys for backups and offsite copys listed, which have been deleted manually before...

Thanks in advance,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nowayray
Level 3

Ok, I reinstalled the whole software and now it seems to work. Same options as before.

Let's see if it keeps on working....

Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you 100% sure that you selected recovery point set backup and not independent (full only) backup when you re-created the job?

And what files do you see in the backup destination folder? Are they only .v2i or do you also see .iv2i files?

nowayray
Level 3

Hi Chris,

yes I am sure. 100%.

I only have .v2i Files. Does this have to do with the schedule (see attached).

criley
Employee Accredited

I can't see all of the screenshots I'm afraid.

Can you explain how the schedule is configured (including the custom option for when to start a new base backup).

nowayray
Level 3

i see...

i scheduled the base set on the first backup in the week.

Sorry, the configuration on the screen is not the one i had before. it changes when you click on it. here you go:

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you please translate it into English for me? Also, are you using the custom option at all (the screenshot above suggests that you are)? If yes, please confirm what this is set to.

nowayray
Level 3

Hi,

I made my backups with and without custom options for the base set, no change. Right now it is set to not using custom options. Can I send you any configration-file, so you can examine the situation? Where can I look myself?

Might a reinstallation of BESR be helpful? What else can I delete safely from of the AllUsers/Symantec/ directory to make sure there is no old information from previous planned jobs taken to the new one?

Translation of screen above:

"Planned Backup-Time:

Scheduled: At 21:00 at the selected days of the week, starting at 11.05.2011.Next run: 18.05.2011 21:00

Start new Recovery Point Base:

First time, when the Backup is executed in the new week."

Regards,

Mike

criley
Employee Accredited

What build of BESR 2010 are you using (check in Help/About)?

nowayray
Level 3

criley
Employee Accredited

I'm not sure why you are seeing this, especially as it was working.

Try running the following batch file to see if it helps:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Fixinstall.bat

nowayray
Level 3

Ok, I reinstalled the whole software and now it seems to work. Same options as before.

Let's see if it keeps on working....

Regards,

Mike