cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEPM 12 Suite

omits
Level 3

I have this suite and have only installed the A/V coponent (that has not worked properly). I want to backup my server as one of my RAID drives is faulty. In this suite which product do I need to install to do a single backup of the server for reinstall to the same hardware just in case I need it? I've read all the documentation (SBE 4.0 getting started guide) but am still not sure!

I have SBS2008. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kahml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Omits, in direct answer to your question:  there is no product in the suite that backs up a server.

The AV component will install on a server and on clients.

The back-up component is designed to run on individual desktops.

The Management Solution file you indicated is supposed to run on a server - but supports Backup Exec.

As stated, you need to purchase another solution to back-up your SBS server.

Hope that helps - if so, please tag this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited
you referring to only AV component installed not the SEPM ( manager), correct? if yes, you need to install the SEP AV component after you rebuild.

omits
Level 3

I am trying to find out how to make a backup of just the server. Which product of this suite should I install to do this?

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited
you can think of Symantec BESR http://www.symantec.com/system-recovery-server-edition

omits
Level 3

I have the SEPM 12 suite. Where is the installation instructions for the backup part of that suite?

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited

didnt you mean Symantec protection suite? if yes, then it will have BESR as well, check this link

http://www.symantec.com/partners/theme.jsp?themeid=sps

omits
Level 3

I do not think this is the correct advice. I have in my SBS downloads the file:

Sym_System_Recovery_2011_10.0.1.41708_Management_Solution_64bit.

I have looked at the documentation and this says this solution is for large systems with over 20 servers. I have bought the  SYMC PROTECTION SUITE SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 4.0 PER USER I/O BASIC 12 MONTHS (25 licenses).

Please direct me to the Backup and Recovery solution (or tell me if I haven't got it!) that is suitable for my problem. I only want to backup my server for full recovery in case I need it. I have not yet installed any of the suites recovery software.

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

Please refer to data sheet of Symantec Proection Suite SBS edition http://now-static.norton.com/now/en/pu/images/Promotions/smb/b-sps_sbe_DS_20024155-3.en-au.pdf. It actually includes Symantec System Recovery Desktop Edition for Windows.

If this does not suit for your requirement, you can go for Symantec System Recovery 2013 Small Business Edition. Please refer to www.symantecsystemrecovery.com for more details.

-Thanks,

Pravin

kahml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Omits, in direct answer to your question:  there is no product in the suite that backs up a server.

The AV component will install on a server and on clients.

The back-up component is designed to run on individual desktops.

The Management Solution file you indicated is supposed to run on a server - but supports Backup Exec.

As stated, you need to purchase another solution to back-up your SBS server.

Hope that helps - if so, please tag this.

Thanks!