cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRD BESR 8.5.2 static IP

aleksejs_cankov
Not applicable

I have expirenced problem with setting static IP in my customized SRD with BESR 8.5.2 Desktop. Static ip configuration doesn't work. In boot.wim image, %shellpath%\AutoNetwork.cmd searchs for AutoNetwork.xml file in wrong path. 

call %ShellPath%\FindDrive.cmd ?:\VProRecovery\AutoNetwork.xml FoundDrive
  if not "%FoundDrive%" == "" (
  %SystemRoot%\System32\RunDll32.exe %ShellPath%\SreNet.dll,Execute -start -auto %FoundDrive%:\VProRecovery\AutoNetwork.xml
  exit 0
  )

So i've changed it to:

call %ShellPath%\FindDrive.cmd ?:\AutoNetwork.xml FoundDrive
        if not "%FoundDrive%" == "" (
            %SystemRoot%\System32\RunDll32.exe %ShellPath%\SreNet.dll,Execute -start -auto %FoundDrive%:\AutoNetwork.xml
            exit 0
        )

and now it works perfectly. Because there is no folder named VProRecovery on X: drive after WinPE boot, AutoNetwork.xml is in the root of drive X.

Is this a bug?

2 REPLIES 2

CQ
Level 5
Definitely something going on.  I upgraded our Win 2003 server from 7.05 to 8.52 last night.  I made a custom SRD and was excited to see I could now auto start network services and configure a static IP.  I booted the new SRD and found static IP did not work.  Figured I messed up and carefully made a new SRD; tested it again with the same result.  Based on what you found, it looks like a bug to me.

criley
Employee Accredited
FYI: This issue is fixed in BESR 8.5.3.