cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 desktop drivers

Brad_Dickinson
Not applicable

My company has been using SSR 8.5.7 desktop edition for a while.  We're now looking at deploying Win7, so we need to upgrade our imaging solution to 2011.  I've downloaded the trial and running into the typical driver issue for the recovery cd.

I need a driver that will work for the recovery cd on an HP Pro 3400 series w/realtek gb nic.  First of all, how it is that Symantec can't be bothered to include RealTek drivers on the recovery cd?  We're not talking about some off brand here, this is a very common chipset included on business pcs by the largest manufacturer in the world.

Second, no drivers are available or work.  HP doesn't provide 32-bit XP drivers for this device because "XP isn't supported" and the generic 2000/XP/XP-64bit drivers from Realtek's website don't work as it thinks they are 64-bit drivers only, though the32-bit drivers are there, and the 32-bit drivers are not offered by themselves.  I tried the Vista driver and receive "Could not get Network Adapters" error when trying to configure settings.  Symantec phone support wont help because I'm using the trial - and we certainly wont be purchasing until this is reolved. I've already spent over an hour on hold with their pre-sales department because they "might" be able to offer a suggestion. At least they have decent hold music.

The fact that I've spent this much time trying to get this working is ridiculous when it should be plug and play, and I'm certainly not going to pull each machine apart to install an intel nic just to get an image on the box.

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You need vista/server 2008 drivers to work for the SRD !

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had any success ?

Warren
Level 3

I also am in a Trial period for the SSRD 2011 software.  While testing the recovery of my PC (HP 6000 Pro- Nic Intel 82567LM-3) I keep getting the could not get network adapter.  I have tried to load up the Win32 drivers from HP for a custom disk and still unable to get around this error.  I have not yet called (Pre-sales) for support but will the experiences listed above I not sure it would help much....

The HP drivers are not listed as OS specific but with Win32, 64, CE...  I am working with Windows 7 x64 and need to find a way to backup some development systems using this software.

Anyone know how to solve this issue?

criley
Employee Accredited

Warren,

The Symantec Recovery Disk (SRD) is Windows PE 2.1 based. More info on PE here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Preinstallation_Environment

You must use a driver that is compatible with this version of PE and it must also be 32bit. If necessary, you may need to contact your hardware vendor to ensure you have the right driver.

Hope that helps.