cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR Deletes previous backup from drive - but should not be deleting.

Joemt
Level 4

SSR deletes the previous backup on the drive. I have the number of recovery points set to 3. In the log it states it is deleting the previous backup "in order to comply with the size limit of the recovery point to save".

Where is this setting. I have to increase it.

Thank you

23 REPLIES 23

Bigsky
Level 3

Sorry this took so long, no new info till this morning.

The backups do not have unique names to the drives. These drives did at one time. I have found the issue to be the interface of the external Drives.

These are large backups. We are using the eSata ext. HD interfacefor faster backups. WIth USB 2.0, yes I have the ability to name  the external backup drive.  WIth the eSata interface - No, I do not.

Is there another way to use the eSata drives and get around this naming issue?  Thank you for all your help. I'm curious if many people have reported this......Sorry Chris about my last comments. This has been a very trying problem and an impatience client.

criley
Employee Accredited

I don't really have anything further to add following on from my previous comments. Sorry..

Our engineering team are aware of the issue and are looking to see what can be done about this issue. Until this issue is fixed, you may need to review your backup strategy.

Joemt
Level 4

Well, I asked because (maybe I missed it) I did not see any references to the interface being the issue (USB vs eSata). I did not realize it was a eSata interface issue.  Our backup strategy is not an issue. (Expensive) Software falling to operate as stated is certainly an issue. The "software bug" document you listed is from 2010. It's 2013. 

I was simply ensuring I had all the facts for everyone kind enough to help which I do appreciate. 

criley
Employee Accredited

(Expensive) Software falling to operate as stated is certainly an issue. The "software bug" document you listed is from 2010. It's 2013.

Point taken and it seems we have somewhat dropped the ball on this. I originally reported this issue but our engineering team have not, for whatever reason, fixed it yet. As I said earlier, please don't shoot the messenger (essentially this is what I am in this situation). I have however already raised this intenally and will continue to pursue it so we get a fix for it. What I cannot tell you at this stage, is when a fix will be available.

I will keep you posted as and when I get news on this.

Hope this helps.