cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up backup jobs?

Eric_B_2
Level 3
I keep getting this message "Cannot retrieve backup job properties" if I select my NAS as destination. I type in the destination as follows \\NAS\SHARE there is no password required. If I select a local drive i.e. C: or D: it I don't get the error message and I'm able to create a backup.

Anyone have any idea??

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Backup Exec System Recovery requires none blank or null values as credentials to authenticate to network shares. To start, verify the user share created - (i.e. other then the default share a NAS often offers), has the user account you choose for BESR to use  to have full security and access rights prior to creating your backup job.

Eric_B_2
Level 3
just tried it. no luck.

I only see the error message when I select a network share destination (i.e. nas, win2003 file server, etc), UNC path of mapped drive it doesn't matter. I know I have the correct the username and password. If I use a local drive (i.e. usb, local drive, etc) it's fine.

"cannot retrieve backup job properties."

RBall
Level 5
Are you adding the domain? i.e. DOMAIN\Administrator  

Eric_B_2
Level 3
yup. this problem only occurs on my xenserver guest vm. works fine on physical servers.

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Please review the following technote documents;

In addition, try the following steps on the client being backed up.

1. Open a command window
2. Type cd\
3. Type cd Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Shared

4. Type regsvr32 /s EventMonitors.dll NotifyHandler.dll VProAuto.dll VProObj.dll VProProgress.dll VProScheduler.dll

5. Reboot.

Currently Backup Exec System Recovery does not support Xenserver. Review the following document for current information on Virtual Disk support.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/298269