cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Business Server 2003 R2 SP 2 / SSR 6.5 - Any known problems??

Rudolf_Amarlapu
Level 4
Hello,
I am running a Windows 2003 Small Business Server R2 Service Pack 2.
We have Symantec System Recovery 6.5 running.
Since deployment, the server has been hanging at random.  Hardware has been replaced and several applications running on the server have been removed in the process of isolation.
Has anyone else run into this?  Any known issues?
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rudy
5 REPLIES 5

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
Hi Rudolf,

Service hang issues have been worked on and resolved.  Make sure to run LiveUpdate to get the latest release of your version and/or Upgrade to the latest version of Backup Exec System Recovery.

Rudolf_Amarlapu
Level 4
Thanks for the feedback Rich.
However I want to clarify.  Are you saying there have been known issues with these kind of symptoms?
Rudy

Rudolf_Amarlapu
Level 4
...also can you describe the symptoms the server would exhibit?
Our server continues to be "pingable".  However nobody can access the resources.
When I am Remote Desktop'ed into it and have Task Manager running, I can see processes still running but usage comes down to almost zero.  Essentially the server is still up and running but nothing on it can be accessed.  The only way to move forward is to cold boot the server.
Thanks again.
Rudy

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
Hello Rudolf,

Thank you for the clarification.  The symptoms you are experiencing are different.  If it is the BESR software, only the Backup Exec System Recovery service (VProsvc.exe) will be hanging.  There are no known instances where the BESR software will cause the entire server to 'hang'.

Scott_Douglass
Level 3
7.0 should be a free upgrade to 6.5 Backup Exec System Recovery.
Upgrade your license.