cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful install of SSR 2013 but keep getting error EBAB03F1 when attempting backup to external drive

smiffy_oz
Level 3

Successful install of SSR 2013 on 28-June-2013 but keep getting error EBAB03F1 "unable to write to file - the system cannot find the file specified" when attempting backup to external drive.

System is Windows 7 64 bit on HP ProBook 4730s core i7 8GB RAM.

External drive is Seagate 1 TB with 900 GB free space.

Would be most grateful for a solution to this problem! (Previously a very happy Norton Ghost user on Windows XP!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

smiffy_oz
Level 3

I connected the external drive to a USB 2.0 port and then tried the backup. Hey presto! Everything worked fine. The only drawback is that USB 2 is much slower than USB 3 (The backup took 2h 5m with speed set to maximum). Is there any possibility that support for USB 3 will be available in a service release?

Thank you for your help, this makes SSR 2013 an excellent product.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

USB 2.0 or 3.0 ?

smiffy_oz
Level 3

USB 3.0

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Which sector size ?

smiffy_oz
Level 3

Just checked in Computer Management (Disk Management) and it says Basic NTFS – is that any help? (I didn't format the drive, so not sure about sector size)

smiffy_oz
Level 3

Thank you for your help so far, Markus. It's getting a bit late at night here in Australia, so I'm going to have to log off for the night. Will check back in the morning.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Give this one a try:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH143704

Or try to connect the USB drive to an  USB 2.0 port first.

smiffy_oz
Level 3

I connected the external drive to a USB 2.0 port and then tried the backup. Hey presto! Everything worked fine. The only drawback is that USB 2 is much slower than USB 3 (The backup took 2h 5m with speed set to maximum). Is there any possibility that support for USB 3 will be available in a service release?

Thank you for your help, this makes SSR 2013 an excellent product.