cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2011 Not Backing Up to NAS Drive

MedievalTechGuy
Level 2

I am the IT Coordinator at a daycare facility, and all of the office computers are running Symantec System Recovery 2011 and (supposedly) backing up perodically to an onsite QNAP NAS drive. The large majority of the computers are completing this successfully, but one of them will not finish the process and keeps giving the folowing errors

---Unable to write to file.
---Error EBAB03F1: Error performing inpage operation.
---Unable to set file size.
----Error EBAB03F1: The specified network name is no longer available.

So far as I can tell, the settings on this computer are the same as the other four that are working, and I have tried searching the web for a solution, but none of the offered fixes has worked. The NAS drive is connected to the network with a static IP address, so that is not the problem. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Or this one, especially the network throtteling hint: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH84277

MedievalTechGuy
Level 2

All of the other computers are successfully backing up to the NAS drive, and this computer is backing up to it's local spare drive as well. I set the program to use throttleing, but I am still having the same issue. 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So you use the offsite copy feature, right ?

MedievalTechGuy
Level 2

No, I am scheduling a normal backup with the destination drive being the mapped NAS drive.

criley
Employee Accredited

This is almost certainly a network related issue.

You should probably focus on the NIC settings for that machine or it's physical network connection.