cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System freeze in Vista when BESR 8 running

Olbow
Level 2

Hello everyone,

I would really love to get some help on this. 

I am currently evaluating Backup Exec System Recovery 8 and experience a total system freeze that requires a hard reboot of the laptop. The funniest thing is that it worked ok during the first few backups and then started to behave this way. 

Following happens: 

- full system backup starts and runs rather well during several minutes

- suddenly, the LED on the external disks stops blinking and is ON, internal HD LED is turned off,

- I am allowed a few more clicks and the system totally freezes.

- fully repeatable, happens each times

I already tried: 

- to check with other external disks : same issue

- to reinstall BESR 8 : same issue

- to backup only the documents, without any picture or music, just to make sure my data are safe and it works

- to run chkdsk, defrag, memory check... no issues detected. 

- check windows logs and BESR logs, no error reported

Anyone can help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Olbow
Level 2

Hi,

ok, item solved. I have bad sectors on the hard disk, it's sent for replacement. Curious is that it went through all the tests.

I can only regret that BESR is not able to ignore the damaged sectors and that it's not giving any error message, there is no log available, so the problem is really difficult to identify. 

Cheers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Olbow
Level 2

Hi,

ok, item solved. I have bad sectors on the hard disk, it's sent for replacement. Curious is that it went through all the tests.

I can only regret that BESR is not able to ignore the damaged sectors and that it's not giving any error message, there is no log available, so the problem is really difficult to identify. 

Cheers.