cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System recovery 2011 on Wndows 2008 R2 SP! server IE9

isleifurg
Level 3

Hi

How can i install SSR 2011 on Windows 2008 R1 Sp1 server?

I´m using Symantec Installation Manager and the Readiness Check is stopping the installation because of IE9.

I downloaded version 10.0.2.44113 Management Solution.

Best Regards

Isleifur Gislason

PS

Fix our database!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

There seems to be some issues with our support site at the moment (it's working from my side). Anyway, it just mentions that support for IE9 is only available with SMP 7.1 SP2.

As I mentioned, you need to point to that file within SIM itself - this causes SIM to go to our site and pull down the file. This in turn lets you download the latest version of SMP via SIM.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

criley
Employee Accredited

To be able to install SMP/SSR-MS on a machine that already has IE9 installed, you need to install SMP 7.1 SP2 (see page 6 of the pdf: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO9965).

So, you need to change the product listing file from SSRMS to symantec.pl. This can be done by clicking on 'settings' in the top right-hand corner of SIM (Symantec Installation Manager). Once this has been done, you can select the latest version of SMP to install which includes support for IE9.

Hope that helps.

isleifurg
Level 3

The link is not working!

HTTP Status 500 - Database connection is not valid

Regards

Isleifur

criley
Employee Accredited

There seems to be some issues with our support site at the moment (it's working from my side). Anyway, it just mentions that support for IE9 is only available with SMP 7.1 SP2.

As I mentioned, you need to point to that file within SIM itself - this causes SIM to go to our site and pull down the file. This in turn lets you download the latest version of SMP via SIM.

isleifurg
Level 3

Now to the next problem.   Now ithe Install Readiness Check dont like SP1!

isleifurg
Level 3

Just to clarify what is full qualified name of SMP ? :)

criley
Employee Accredited

SMP = Symantec Management Platform.

2008 R2 SP1 is supported. If you type winver at the command prompt, can you provide a screenshot of the results please.

isleifurg
Level 3

It is installing now after I restarted SIM.

You have to push the update now button in setting and choice symantec_v2.pl.xml.

Thank you!

Regards

Isleifur Gislason

PS

Windows 2012 server - anyone?

criley
Employee Accredited

Glad it's working - please mark this thread as solved.

What is your question about Windows 2012?

isleifurg
Level 3

Is Symantec ready for window 2012 servers?

Can you install SSR2011 on 2012 server?

Regards

Isleifur

criley
Employee Accredited

Not yet. Support for Windows 2012 will be available in the next version of SSR - being released in January 2013.