cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Security database on the server does not have a computer...

Stokie
Level 2

...account for this workstation trust relationship.

Hi all

I am a newcomer (noob) at Symantec Backup Exec so please forgive me if I have missed a basic step.

I am trialling Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 V Arcserve D2D at the moment and I am having some issues.

I have a SBS 2008 server (HP) that I have installed Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 onto and have created my image. I have booted off the System Recovery Disk and gone through the process of restoring the image from a USB drive and was impressed at how quick it was.

When the testbed server boots however it prompts me that the username is incorrect and prompts with username .\administrator. I reset this to the correct username and it tries to login but returns with "The Security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship"

I can login ok from safe mode and all devices are recognized correctly in device manager.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Pete

7 REPLIES 7

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can refer to one of the Microsoft Forum where this issue is discussed as something like and issue which MS needs to fix it.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistasp/thread/1db04864-50c0-4bdd-8368-03cb020...

Thanks,

-Sush...

Sush---
Level 6

Stokie
Level 2

Hi Sush,

Thanks for the replies.

Those links refer to client PC's connecting to the server whereas the issue I am having (and others it would seem) is actually logging onto the server itself.

The server boots in safe mode and also safe mode with networking. The LAN card drivers are up to date and as a test I have also fitted a 2nd LAN card but still the same issue.

The product is decribed as "Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Small Business Server Edition is a simple, cost-effective backup and recovery solution for Microsoft Windows Small Business Servers that helps minimize downtime and avoid disaster by easily recovering individual data files/folders or complete Windows systems in minutes – even to different hardware, virtual environments, or remote locations."

There is no mention of you can restore it to different hardware but only if Microsoft fix their issues first..........

Pete

Sush---
Level 6

When you try to login into the server after the restore try to enter the Username as "Domain.com\Username" where the .com will be the extension of your Domain which can also be .net, .local, .org, etc as per the naming of your Domain.

Let me know if this works.....

Thanks,

-Sush...

Stokie
Level 2

Hi Sush,

Tried to logon with localdomainname.local\username and it gives the same error message as logging on with localdomainname\username

Thanks

Pete

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Sush, Stokie,

I have a similar issue as Sush. I have 3 other member servers but i can logon to them with the domain credentials.

I discovered that the computer names have changed to something else (like WINHY8451KU.domain.com).

This is probably why the domain does not see the computer as existing. I need to understand why the computer name has changed.

I have tried using BESR 2010 on Windows 7, Vista and 2003 server i have not experienced a computer name change  till now.

Though i have not tested it on a Windows 2003 server domain controller.

i really wish i can get a resolution to this.

The test will be defeated if i have to change the names of those member servers. Moreover, the servers still exist on the Network.

It is just a test to verify the recovery points created in case of a disaster recovery.

Please update if you have any solution.

Thanx.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I finally got a solution from Symantec Support. I skipped a step in one of the documents i used. I guess i was not clear on when to use it.

I had  to uncheck the option Run Windows Mini-Setup while doing the restore to the Domain Controller.

This option is a hidden switch in the Restore Anyware option.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55329 -> Using the Hidden Options for Restore Anyware when restoring an image from the Symantec Recovery Disk (SRD)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129112 -> Contains the screenshot that is used to access the hidden switches.