cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Symantec System Recovery 2013 from PC

vic1234
Level 3

In the past to remove Norton Ghost completely from your PC, you may additionally need to use Norton Removal Tool. Is there a similiar tool to remove Symantec System Recovery2013 from a Win 8.1 PC?

25 REPLIES 25

freddes
Level 3

The support call me. He took control with symantec.webex.com

• First he tried to use uninstallssr2011.bat
  • Finally he removed all registry keys, delete all the files by hand
  • Disabled the service symantec system recovery -> always registered
  • 2 reboots

I hope the vtrack.sys driver will not make a bsod again this night...

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Ok, I'll keep the fingers crossed. Please let us know how the night was.

freddes
Level 3

Hi, Bsod again

And the vtrack.sys is already here

On Mon 08/09/2014 20:47:19 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: vtrack.sys (VTrack+0x2DDF8)
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFFF8A00B551D60, 0xA3E00002F9CBB963, 0xFFFFF88002376E30, 0x2)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vtrack.sys
product: Symantec™ System Recovery
company: Symantec
description: Symantec Filter Driver for tracking changed block(s).
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: vtrack.sys (Symantec Filter Driver for tracking changed block(s)., Symantec).
Google query: Symantec ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

I'm searching now for conflicts with other apps:

There is veeam backup installed on the hyperv, the backup job of 2 VMs start at 22:00 and finished with success.

I think only one VM in the plan cause this bug with ssr2013 or the vtrack.sys driver, because when this VM was in a separate veeam backup job (one vm at 22:00 and the VM i suspect at 24:00), the bsod appeared a few minutes after the last backup job succeed.

Now the two VMs are in the same Veeam job and the bsod appears a few minutes after this job succeed.

Then i found that volume shadow copies of VMs would cause problems on hyperv

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/c0480aed-4225-4b01-9f29-5dfa6317f48f/2008-r2-event-51-disk-and-event-27-volsnap-problems?forum=winserverManagement

i disabled it on this VM, there is no VSS enabled on the other VM...

We will see tomorrow ...

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So you are running Veeam and SSR backups parallel?

freddes
Level 3

"Running" no, ssr2013 didn't worked, i couldn't start it, and i couldn't uninstall it.

The "dirty uninstall" by symantec support don't solve the problem (service already registered, files and registry keys deleted by hand and symantec driver vtrack.sys not uninstalled)

I found a solution: i have disabled all VSS on one VM

Finally, Veeam backup succeed and no bsod with vtrack.sys driver...

For ssr2013 + Veeam:The symantec support told me that we just have to verify that the backup jobs don't start at the same time.

Thank you

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Lucky you !