Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of management plantform to SP6 fails

ges87
Level 5

I get the following error when upgrading SMP to 8.0 (italian localization):

Si è verificato un errore critico:

Violazione del vincolo PRIMARY KEY 'PK_sec_Trustee'. Impossibile inserire la chiave duplicata nell'oggetto 'dbo.sec_trustee'. Valore della chiave duplicata: (2e1f478a-4986-4223-9d1e-b5920a63ab41).

L'istruzione è stata interrotta.

configurazione non riuscita durante il tentativo: Configurazione del database in corso...

Following the Kb article https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH235194.html

I run the suggested quesry and no guid duplicates are present. However, running reconfigure gives again the same error

18 REPLIES 18

criley
Employee Accredited

As per that article: A fix is planned for ITMS 8.0 HF3. Tentative ETA is second week of August.

Can you wait until then as that may be the best option here?

ok, in the meantime I guess SSR manager won't work but backups should, right? 

criley
Employee Accredited

Is the console no longer functioning then? Did the upgrade not roll back when it failed?

Backups should continue to work if the backup policies are already assigned to the client machines.

no it didn't. SMP v8 is shown as installed but not correctly configured. Clients agents say it is not connected

criley
Employee Accredited

I am trying to find out from Symantec when that hotfix is going to be available.

In the meantime, you may want to open a support case with us (if you do, please reply here with the case number).

criley
Employee Accredited

I've confirmed with Symantec that the hotfix is currently scheduled for release on 8th Aug.

thanks, I think then I'll wait until then

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, let us know how things go once you have installed that hotfix.

is the hotfix out? I cannot find it in SIM....

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes, the hotfix is available.

I'm guessing that you need to change the product listing file in SIM back to the Symantec version.... I assume it is still on the Veritas product listing file which is why the hotfix is not visible to you.

I am using symantec_v2.pl.xml.zip....

criley
Employee Accredited

I updated to it earlier this week.... maybe it has been pulled by Symantec?

What version of SIM are you using?

it just updated to 8.0.98, but no hotfix is shown. Instead I get 11 updates available, hovewer if I click there only Language support for SMP shows up

ok I found it...I had to go to "install new products" as SMP 8.0 is not properly installed probably....

criley
Employee Accredited

Ah yes, that could well be the reason.

Installing may or may not resolve this. If it does not, please open a support case.

SMP 8.0 now installed fine. I proceed to install SP6 now and let you know

All went fine and now everything is working. Onme note: Symantec endpoint protection DELETES without asking the LOR installation package everytime I download it, unless I put an exception

criley
Employee Accredited

Regarding your comment about LOR ..

What version of Symantec Endpoint Protection are you using?