cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdrive SFTP Client / UNC Works but doesn't work with BESR, Why? Help! :-)

Nigel_Hall_2
Level 2
Hello!

I've been working on this all weekend...please help!

I have been experimenting with Webdrive which is an excellent SFTP client that presents a mapped drive AND UNC path to the OS.  Looking at backing up the images to a remote SFTP site.

Although I can view the location by doing a \\webdrive\backup from the run command, the application still informs me that when I run a backup:

Cannot create the recovery point.
--Error E7D10041: Unable to establish a network connection to \\webdrive\backup.
---Error EBAB03F1: The network name cannot be found.
EVEN THOUGH I can run the \\webdrive\backup with no problems...up comes a window with my remote files.

I am running Windows 2000 SP4 with NO hotfixes or updates...so could this be the issue?  Only testing at the moment.

I know, I will more than likely be informed that this type of location is not supported?  Can anyone tell me why?  If the OS can be presented via UNC the location, why can it not be used?  Else I am going to have to mess around with folder syncing etc... Yuck!

This has been my life for a number of days now...can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

Nigel
2 REPLIES 2

Nigel_Hall_2
Level 2
Hi All

After further work, I have found that the issue was to do with the running of the backup service using the local system account.  As soon as I ran the service under the local administrator user...all was well.

NH

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Thank you for this information.  I'll forward it to our support team to make sure it is included in our knowledge base.

Thanks.