cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this message mean?

kidtriton
Level 3
I am getting this in the email notification of most of my servers on a random basis (the highlighted part is what im concerned about).  My images seem fine, sometimes I get the email with everything except the highlighted part.

Date: 5/22/2007 20:43:26 PM

Notification Type: Notice

Priority: High

Description: Info 6C8F1C56: A scheduled incremental recovery point of C:\ completed successfully. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

11 REPLIES 11

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I'll see what I can find out.

The fact that it's a warning leads me to believe it's non-critical, but I'll inquire internally and see what others think.

Thanks.

kidtriton
Level 3
Bump.  I need to figure this message out before i buy 12 copies of this software...

Clifton_Hasting
Level 3
I had the same problem and this is what I did that might have fixed it.  I was running Acronis True Image Enterprise Server edition alongside BESR 7.0

When I uninstalled that and rebooted the box that seemed to have fixed it.  I was also having other error messages that were fixed by deleting all of the existing recovery points I had along with the .sv2i files and even the jobs.  Creating the jobs over again from scratch could have fixed it as well.

Try those steps if you can, it might fix the error.

lassebm
Not applicable
Hi Bill

Any news in this case? I experience the same error.

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

I will follow-up again internally.  Has anyone opened up a support ticket for this issue?

Thanks.

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

I inquired again internally and was asked to suggest that someone open a Symantec support ticket on this issue.  We would like to investigate further.

Thanks.

Shellene
Not applicable
Anything further on this? 
I am getting this message for some (but not all) of the servers we are backing up.

-Shellene
ESPN MIT
Operational System Administrator

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

I inquired internally and it appears we have at least one case open on this issue and it is being investigated.  Hopefully additional information will be available soon.

Thanks.

Darren_Goobey
Level 3
Could it be the computers with the Multiple-step OLE DB errors do not have the .NET framework installed? Try installing the .NET framework from the BESR CD and then reboot your computer.

Jill_Of_All_Tra
Level 3
Has anyone had an answer from Symantec about the reason behind this error? I am trialling the product and getting this on one machine but only on random volumes. It just started today?

Deatheye
Level 5
Any news about this? We are having a similiar (propably the same, just german) message with 8.5 on one Server.

Just found this: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/292808.htm

"Currently in most occurrences this is an informational error. Please be sure to verify the recovery point made after the error occurs using the Recovery Point Browser by following the suggestions listed below:"

If I get this right I can ignore the message as long as it is an information message and not an error and I can browse the Image which caused that message?