cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What services do i stop and start if i feel the management solution is hung ?

chrismatt83
Level 4

1) I have also noticed that there often times that when i'm accessing the management conole on my workstation through IE web interface, it takes forever for the software interface to load and there's a lot of waiting. Sometimes i get tired of waiting and cyle the whole management server and  then i'm able to access it quickly.  What service do i stop and start on the server so that i can access the management console.

Not sure what i can do to speed things up a bit other than to stop and restart the service on the server. I'm using IE 8.  

2) Also when patching the management server on patch nights what services do i stop prior to patching ?

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited
  1. It sounds like memory is running low on the management solution server. How much memory does it have?
  2. Patching? What do you mean by this?

chrismatt83
Level 4

Its running 4 gb memory

BY patching i mean windows update. So before patching what services do i turn off.

criley
Employee Accredited

And what operating system is it running - 32 or 64bit?

If 64bit, 4GB RAM is the minimum requirement (as per the admin guide). If this is the case, you should consider adding more memory.

There should be no need to stop any of the SSR-MS services when installing Windows updates. If you really want to, you can stop all services starting with 'Altiris'.