cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA 9.0 client authentication

Fremont
Level 5
Partner Accredited

In prior versions of CA client login was via a web driven interface via HTTP and IIS would authenticate the user to AD.  Since version 8.0 and above it's been a client/server model and full client app.  I have 2 questions about client authentication:

1. I've noticed when I launch the CA client it is doing integrarted windows (pass-through) authentication.  Does the client send the authentication request to the CA server which contacts AD, or does the client itself reach out to AD?

2. What if a reviewer/admin needs to log in with a different CA profile than the one associated with the windows account s/he is logged in to the workstation with.  Is there a way to set that up, for example so that CA client pops up a login window?

I Would appreciate anyone who has more info on these.

Thanks,

Fremont

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure, but I believe that CA is just verifying the user logged in to the user account stored in the CA database.

Right now there is not a  user login available.  You could have that person Remote Desktop into a computer with the credentials they need to use.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure, but I believe that CA is just verifying the user logged in to the user account stored in the CA database.

Right now there is not a  user login available.  You could have that person Remote Desktop into a computer with the credentials they need to use.

Fremont
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks Tony.  Makes sense.

Fremont