cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Report with reviewed messages, attachments, reviewer comments and date

admin_laura
Level 4

Regulators will request evidence of email supervision.  Specifically requested is:

• email and attachments
  • reviewer
  • date of the review
  • reviewer comments

While a "Printable Version" of 1-10 messages may be printed from the Review Pane of CA containing this information, how may this be accomplished for more data and multiple Departments.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Looks like you would want to export them, specifically, export to HTML

About exporting items

Article:HOWTO58575  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-07-12  | 

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58575

About exporting items

If you want to review items offline or present them in evidence to a third party then you must export them from Compliance Accelerator. Compliance Accelerator supports a number of file formats for exporting content. You can export all content in its native format or as an HTML rendering of the content. Export to HTML if you want to export review marking information and comments along with each item.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, admin laura;

Have you checked out the 'Review Activity' and 'Reviewer Activity' reports that are available through the Reporting tab?  These reports may contain the information that you want.

For a listing and brief description of all available CA reports, see HOWTO31485, "Available Compliance Accelerator Reports", available at http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31485.

admin_laura
Level 4

While both reports are useful to demonstrate review statistics and the data is exportable, it appears each message must be manually opened for viewing.  As such, it does not exactly fit our requirement of a file containing essentially what is available within the "Printable Version" of the Review Pane.  Are there other solutions we can explore?

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6

Have you tried exporting the reports to HTML or Excel formatted files?  Some of our reports will provide all of the detailed information in the drill down details.

admin_laura
Level 4

Unfortunately all available export formats did not include actual message.  My area is Compliance and not IT so I probably am mistaken, but it doesn't appear the report displays the message; to view it, one has to link back to the message from the Review Pane. 

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Looks like you would want to export them, specifically, export to HTML

About exporting items

Article:HOWTO58575  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-07-12  | 

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58575

About exporting items

If you want to review items offline or present them in evidence to a third party then you must export them from Compliance Accelerator. Compliance Accelerator supports a number of file formats for exporting content. You can export all content in its native format or as an HTML rendering of the content. Export to HTML if you want to export review marking information and comments along with each item.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6

Greetings, admin laura;

I've done some testing in my CA 10.0.4CHF3 lab with the CA 10.0.4 report templates.  There are some reports that provide drill down capability to the point that you can click on the "view message' link to actually preview the HTML rendering of the message from within the report.  For example, the 'Reviewer Activity Detail' report provides by Deparment specified each Reviewer's activity summary by their marking or escalation activities.  When licking on the Marking or Escalation link, the viewer is taken to another page that lists all of the messages in that category (i.e., Marking or Escalation) that were processed by the specified reviewer.  For each message displayed, you'll see the reviewer's name, message author, send/received date/time, subject, link to escalation history (if escalated), link to review notes, link to action status (i.e., each time it was reviewed and by whom), and a link to view the message.

Unfortunately for your apparant needs, these reports are all designed to be viewed online so that we have live access to view the messages and save space in the reports when exported.  We would need an enhancement to the reporting to be able to include all messages associated with the reports to be able to get them all printed out through the report when saved to a file.