cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Accelerator Mass Review???

Chad_Petrie_2
Level 4

We currently have a large backlog of messages to review in CA. Our reviewing dept wants to be able to wipe out all the email that needs to be reviewed from a certain date back.

Does anyone know if there is a utility or somewhere in CA where I could remove all the mail say from 5/31 and before out of the "to be reviewed" and have them all marked as reviewed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joe_Kvidera
Level 3
Partner
Hey Chad!

We had another client with the same issue, had 100k messages to review.

Best way was to open a few IE windows and do 300/window at a time. It doesnt seem to slow down the process much and you can burn through them fairly quickly this way vs just having the one open IE session to CA.

Joe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Chad,

You should be able to do a bulk select in CA and apply the reviewed tag. Which version of CA are you using?

micah

Chad_Petrie_2
Level 4
We have CA 6.

Right now I have them selecting 300 at a time, but we are talking about several thousand emails. I am wondering if there is a faster way to do this.

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hmmm,
Not that I know of. I think 300 is the limit on the page display. Maybe one of the symantec guys knows of a CA tweak to get you more reviewable items.

micah

Joe_Kvidera
Level 3
Partner
Hey Chad!

We had another client with the same issue, had 100k messages to review.

Best way was to open a few IE windows and do 300/window at a time. It doesnt seem to slow down the process much and you can burn through them fairly quickly this way vs just having the one open IE session to CA.

Joe

Eric_Gjerde
Level 3
Chad, there isn't really an easy way to do this- every time I've asked about it, I've always been told by support that it's specifically designed so you can't do this. (it's a lot of fun if you end up archiving virus emails, for example.)

Your only solution is more or less to have them all open up multiple IE windows and just start blowing them away 300 at a shot. It's not a great solution, but it's not horrible- there's always a sales assistant, intern, temp or whatever that can be put to work for a day or two (or 5)...

Logan_Sutterfie
Level 4
Accredited
Chad,

I would have to agree with everyone on the thread. We understand that 300 at a time when you have thousands is very time consuming, but the purpose of the product is to supervise email.

Is the email coming from scheduled searches or random sample?

You may need to review how you are capturing or getting selective journaling in place.

LT

Chad_Petrie_2
Level 4
Yeah, we took Joe's advice and I instructed the users on how to modify with a few windows open. They have seemed to chew through them pretty good.

Thanks all for the advice.