cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade Accelerator to 2007?

doctortt
Level 6

I'm new to Enterprise Vault, and I got assigned to an upgrade project of the Accelerator component for the Compliance group. I know nothing about EV Accelerator, and I need some help. We currently use Accelerator 6.5 SP2, and I need to upgrade to 2007.  Does anyone know what needs to be done to perform the upgrade? Has anyone done this? Please share your experience. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure what version you are upgrading from because there wasn't a 6.5. Do you mean CA version 6?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290680.htm

The above link shows supported upgrade paths.  Also, I think the install and configure guide might reference the upgrade.

One point to note is to make sure you sql databases have adequate disk space.  A rough estimate would be 1.5x your database for the transaction log to grow.  Of course after the upgrade is complete you can backup the database and truncate the transaction log.

Also, get a complete backup before you start the process.  Just in case.  :)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

doctortt
Level 6
I'm referring to Compliance Accelerator. Thanks..

doctortt
Level 6
Experts, please help...

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure what version you are upgrading from because there wasn't a 6.5. Do you mean CA version 6?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290680.htm

The above link shows supported upgrade paths.  Also, I think the install and configure guide might reference the upgrade.

One point to note is to make sure you sql databases have adequate disk space.  A rough estimate would be 1.5x your database for the transaction log to grow.  Of course after the upgrade is complete you can backup the database and truncate the transaction log.

Also, get a complete backup before you start the process.  Just in case.  :)

doctortt
Level 6

Hi Tony,

Yes, I meant Compliance Accelerator 6.0.

doctortt
Level 6

Experts, where can I find the upgrade guide from 6.0 to 2007? Thank you very much.