cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex scale ILO access

acioffarelli
Level 4

Hello i'm trying to access a new Flex Scale appliance from the ILO service port but i can't connect using the hostname (DNS) assigned from the factory to the node (ILO+serial number) in https. Is it needed to previously boot up the node?

My only need is to take some screenshot from the ILO interface, not to proceed with the configuration (appliance is not yet cabled). Flex scale OS is 3.0.0.1

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

chmeyerweck
Level 3
Hi,
The name of the iLO is just a predefined one, just use the IP address..
Normally an iLO has DHCP on by default, or you attach KVM and go the iLO config menu to set or find out the IP address.

Is that what you need?
Kind regards
Christopher

meuhassan
Level 4

Yes, you need to boot up the node before you can access the ILO service port. The ILO service port is not available until the node has booted up and the ILO has been initialized.

Once the node has booted up, you should be able to access the ILO service port using the hostname (DNS) assigned from the factory. If you are still unable to connect, you can try using the IP address of the ILO.

The ILO service port is a secure port, so you will need to use the HTTPS protocol to connect to it. The default port for the ILO service port is 443.

Here are the steps on how to connect to the ILO service port:

1. Open a web browser and enter the hostname (DNS) or IP address of the ILO in the address bar.
  2. Add "https://" to the beginning of the hostname or IP address.
  3. Enter the ILO login credentials.
  4. Click on the "Login" button.

You should now be able to access the ILO interface.

Here are the steps on how to take a screenshot from the ILO interface:

1. Click on the "Screenshot" button.
  2. Select the area of the screen that you want to screenshot.
  3. Click on the "Save" button.

The screenshot will be saved to a file on the ILO. You can then access the file from the ILO interface or download it to your computer.