cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

...10d license key...

Earl_J
Level 2

Hello everyone,

I have BUE 10d that I am trying to reinstall. I need the license key to continue - which has long since been misplaced (okay ... lost).

- - - 

Is there a spot to locate that license key here on the Symsite?

It appears that 10d is a long-lost relative at this time... so it may not even be supported any longer.

- - -

I'm attempting to crank up a Quantum tape drive - will the newer versions support a Superloader 3?

Until that time. . .  Earl J.

4 REPLIES 4

nxp3
Level 2
It seem the 10d is the step child.  Looking back at all the posts I don't see too much answers so I don't know if we'll ever get a response.  But last week or so, I needed backup agent license key because I don't know where it was.  I called the symantec support and they gave me the license key so you might want to do the same.  Just tell them what company you're with and they'll look it up on their end.  Now if you never had it...that's a differeent story :)

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You could call support as the other poster recommended

or use NTbackup or BackupExec in Demo mode to restore BESERNUM.XML from the \WINNT directory.  That should contain all the serials installed on your origianl system

(NTBackup will only work if you did NOT use software compression)

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 08-13-2008 02:51 PM

Earl_J
Level 2

Hello Ken, nxp3 ...

thanks for the responses. . .

Do either of you know if this Quantum device will work with BUE 12 out of the box?

I can purchase the new software without any hitches - if it will work...

hmmm... I guess I could ask the Quantum guys. . .

I'll pass along what I find out...

Thanks again. . .  until that time ...  aloha y'all... Earl J.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Do either of you know if this Quantum device will work with BUE 12 out of the box?

The v12 hardware compatibility List is here

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/294294.pdf