cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.5 SP3 upgrade Issue

Windmiller_2
Level 4
 We installed SP3 and now have two issues I have been unable to resolve.

1.  We have a LTO2 changer and for whatever reason when a job is already running in drive 1 a second job wont run in Drive 2 and just stays as Queued with no alerts. This happens on all jobs. When job 1 finishs job two will begin in Drive 2.

2. When trying to browse any of our backup jobs I get the following error. "An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of SERVERNAME" 0xe0000f22 (3758100258)

In checking the revision number on both Remote Agents and the BE server all say  12.5 2213 but we did not push out new remote agents after the upgrade. When I try to push out a new agent it says that the agent already matches the server ro something along those lines and wont allow it to proceed.

In searching for this error (0xe0000f22 (3758100258) there is a KB article here http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/326660.htm

I checked  the remote agent on both of these servers as suggested by the articles but both remote agents are already set to  Log on as:  "Local System account". These issues started the morning after the upgrade to SP3.

I believe this was an issue last time we upgraded but dont remember what the resolution was.  Any ideas would be great.

5 REPLIES 5

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I suggect you to uninstall SP3 as it has some issues with the Tape Devices.

Windmiller_2
Level 4
Seriously?  I thought I have seen this behavior with previous SP's from BE so thought this might be a more common issue with a resolution. We need 2008 R2 support and I thought SP3 was required to run and agent on 2008 R2.

vtek63
Level 3
i still have problems updating the agents on 2008 R2 with any updates... support for R2 doesn't seem like support at all at this point...

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I suggest you to uninstall the remote agent on R2 and install the agent manually.

1  : Uninstall remote agent
2  : Copy 2 folders from the Backup exec server on a seperate folder on R2...say D:\Agent
RAWSx64 and MSXML (as R2 is 64-bit) C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents
3  : Open the command prompt on R2 and navigate to D:\Agent and run setupaa64.cmd

Example :D:\Agent>setupaa64.cmd

Hope this helps...

Windmiller_2
Level 4
I will try this and report back for others. Thanks for the suggestion and info Dev T!