cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 R2 HyperV Backup to Disk - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images

Mark_Valpreda
Level 5
Backup Exec 12.5 SP3 installed on Server 2008 R2 with HyperV. Everything is working fine except HyperV GRT backups. After reading that backup to tape does not work for HyperV GRT backups, I set up a B2D folder with default options. Set up a new job to just backup HyperV guests. Still getting

Backup- VRTSRV::\\SERVER\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\MAIL V-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images:

AOFO is turned off and everything else is pretty much default. Is there something else I need to be doing? Or is GRT on a 2008 R2 Media Server just not supported at all? 
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Mark,

Take a look here:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/308944.htm

There are various reasons for this, and the tech article above will give you some things to check out...

Laters!

Mark_Valpreda
Level 5
Thanks for that....but that is for ESX, not HyperV.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Mark,

Would have helped if I could read properly...=)

here is the correct link for Hyper-V...

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/319636.htm

looks like it suggests uninstalling HOTFIX 310648 from your media server, and then reinstalling RAWS for your Hyper-V server.
For good measure, if you're running LiveUpdate, set this to manual. It could possibly download an update which causes issues with your solution!

Laters!

Mark_Valpreda
Level 5
No worries. I do that as well. I already saw that article.

I am running Backup Exec directly on the HyperV server. It's not a remote system. I think I am going to need to wait for 2010.

PCFRANCKY
Level 2

V-79-57344-38721 - Echec du montage d'une ou de plusieurs images de disques virtuels : - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images:

System : HYPER-V Windows 2008 R2 64bits and Cluster Shared Volume, BE2010

Here the tests that doesn't work :

Ø TEST 2 : Agents Update on hosts and VM
Ø TEST 3 : Change ID connexion on services (host and VM) with administrator rights : Backup Agent, VolumeShadowsCopy, SQL VSS...
Ø TEST 4 : Check right on system file
Ø TEST 5 : The domain administrator has been added in local security (host and VM)

I worked about 5 days on this problem and i got no issue... any help from symantec or customer ?