cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADBO: Your evaluation copy of the Advanced Disk-based Backup Option (ADBO) has expired.

Joe_Conner
Level 2

I was running the 60-day trial version, and purchased and installed the Server option and Agent for Windows.  All good, except now my backups, even of "data" drives, keep failing with status "ADBO: Your evaluation copy of the Advanced Disk-based Backup Option (ADBO) has expired."  Searching around, it seems this option is part of the Enterprise Servers option - which I don't think I need.  How do I disable this option so every job isn't "failing" it's status?

Thanks in advance.  I did a cursory search here, and although I'm sure this is a common issue, I didn't yield it in search results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Joe,

You would not see this option unless you had ADBO enabled, this is the reason that your not finding the option in the job properties. Have you tried recreating the job?? if not please do so, run and report result. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can uninstall/remove the ADBO option by clicking on the backup exec pearl in the top left corner, selecting installation and licensing, install options and licensing on this server, you can hit next through the screens untill you get to the screen titled review features to be installed. Deselect the ADBO option under the Enterprise Server option and then continue through to completion 

Joe_Conner
Level 2

Thanks.  The option is unchecked on my installation (the entire Enterprise option).  There are no sub options available; the Enterprise option indicates it is for ADBO and Central Admin.

But still, every backup job complains that ADBO could not be used due to the license expiring, and causes the job status to have "failed". 

Any other ideas how to turn off the backup job(s) from trying to use ADBO?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In your job properties, click on the ADBO section and make sure that your jobs are not using off-host backup.

Joe_Conner
Level 2

That option is not found in the job properties.  This is Backup Exec 2012 BTW.  The only option that seems similar is Advanced File Open Options, which consists of Use Snapshot Technologies (unchecked), Process Logical Volumes for backup one at a time (checked), and Enable CheckPoint Restart (not checked).

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Joe,

You would not see this option unless you had ADBO enabled, this is the reason that your not finding the option in the job properties. Have you tried recreating the job?? if not please do so, run and report result. 

Joe_Conner
Level 2

Creating new backup jobs seems to have done the trick.  Sorry for the delay, I needed to get through a full round of weekend full, then at least one incremental backup to have tested all.

It's not very intuitive this solution, but luckily I don't have a large number of backup jobs to recreate. 

Thanks everyone for your input!